General Administrator - Transport
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Clerical - Administration|
General Administrator required in Kilsyth.
Duration 8 - 12 weeks
Primary responsibility is delivering administrative assistance in day-to day job.
To provide efficient administrative support to the depot, ensuring the efficient operation of the depot's administrative function particularly with regard to weighbridge, stock control and transport support.
• Operating weighbridge and controlling traffic via radio with depot staff.
• Correspondence including minutes of meetings
• Filing and handling all incoming and outgoing mail
• Dealing with incoming telephone calls to the depot
Updating and maintaining all depot records
• Coordinating requirements for meetings, events and visitors at the depot
• Control and maintain depot petty cash when required
• Producing reports to deadlines
• Liaise with the transport department regarding vehicle routing
• Assist with maintaining notice boards and other information displayed around the site
• Providing holiday / sickness cover as and when required
• Accurate data entry on ERP system
• Maintain good housekeeping standards on ERP system
• Assisting transport coordinator with daily collection sheets and notes
• Adding sales information including daily stock and weekly allocation
• Collating data and the preparation of information on an adhoc basis
• Dealing with customers service queries through to resolution
• Send account status reports when required
• Monitoring customer collection failures and uncompleted work
• Downloading and emailing of photographs to customers
• Compiling depot sales and liaising with Sales & Purchasing
• Assist with managing stock levels by entering information onto ERP daily
• Making bookings and transport arrangements for the collection of outbound material sales
• Administrating visiting drivers paperwork
• Providing customers with relevant documentation to meet compliance requirements
• Monitoring, maintaining and updating exceptions on the time and attendance system
• Liaising with the payroll and HR as required
• Assist with depot recruitment matters - liaising with employment agencies, arranging interviews and issuing information to new starters
Click to apply now for the General Administrator role.