Machinist / Mechanical Fitter
|Sector||IndustrialIndustrial - ProductionIndustrial - ProcessEngineering TradesEngineering Trades - WeldingEngineering Trades - Mechanical FittersEngineering Trades - Multi-Skilled FittersEngineering Trades - CNCIndustrial - Machine Operative|
|Salary||£14.00 per hour|
- Machinist / Mechanical Fitter required in Runcorn - £14.00 per hour
Our client is looking for a skilled, experienced and reliable precision Machinist / Mechanical Fitter to work on a full-time-basis in their engineering workshop in Astmoor, Runcorn.
- Operating manual and CNC millers and lathes to bespoke engineering products for the Automotive Industry. Such as tooling/jigs/fixtures/machines.
- Go to car factories to discuss, design and measure up for assembly jigs – then assemble and commission tooling and machinery at our workshop then go to site to install.
Typically, the workload variation is as follows:
60% precision machining
25% assembly of tooling
15% on site/jig making
To be successful in this role, you will need the following attributes:
- Have the ability to produce steel, aluminium and plastic parts using manual and CNC millers and lathes.
- Understand machinery and have experience in assembling and modifying machines
- Hold engineering-related qualifications and have an understanding of basic engineering principals
- Hold a full UK driving licence
An understanding of tooling fixtures and machinery/equipment used for car/vehicle production would be beneficial and experience working in the automotive industry is preferred.
The job operates on Monday to Friday; working 8am until 4.30pm, although occasional weekend work will be required. Weekends are paid at Tx1.5.
The rate of pay is £14.00 per hour.
This is a temporary-to-permanent position.
Exchange People are a family-run Employment Business, proudly providing people in North-West England and Central Scotland with careers since 1997.
So why work for Exchange People?
- Wages paid weekly
- Dedicated in-house payroll team to ensure accurate payroll
- 28 days holiday pay, accrued pro-rata
- Pension contributions, for eligible workers
- Out-of-hours contact service
- Team of expert consultants who’ll look after you, before, during and after your placement
Not for you? Check exchangepeople.co.uk to view the many other engineering, manufacturing and maintenance jobs we have available now.
Click to apply now for the Machinist / Mechanical Fitter role,or call your local office to register in your local area!
Runcorn- 01928 566623
Warrington - 01925 394121
Wirral & Liverpool– 0151 601 5878