|Sector||IndustrialIndustrial - ProductionEngineering TradesEngineering Trades - WeldingEngineering Trades - Mechanical FittersEngineering Trades - Multi-Skilled FittersEngineering Trades - CNCIndustrial - Machine OperativeClerical - Management|
|Salary||£38,000 - £42,000 per annum|
- Works Manager required in Runcorn - £35,000 - £42,000 per annum.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Works Manager to grow with a progressive Precision Engineering & Fabrication company in Runcorn.
Our client manufacture bespoke tooling jigs/fixtures, special-purpose machinery and lifting equipment. Products are assembled, tested and commissioned at their Runcorn facility and then taken to customers’ sites to be installed.
As a Works Manager, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing all activities between the design and installation stage.
You will be required to:
- Control all CAD data and drawings received from designers with some simple design and design modifications work
- Prepare all new projects for their different trades and schedule the works for each individual machine/worker.
- Prepare, organise and order all project-specific parts and materials.
- Monitor and supervise in-house fabrication, precision engineering and assembly operations.
- Deal with all technical queries relating to the project and ensure that all staff are completing their work in the most technically advanced and optimised method.
- Monitor the MRP system and liaise with project managers regarding delivery of projects.
- Make sure the health and safety management system, vehicle checking system, lifting equipment checking system and machinery are all correctly maintained.
- Control and monitor the materials and consumables used for production, particularly cutting/drilling tools and measuring equipment used for precision engineering and fabrication
In order to manage the site’s workload and staff effectively, you will also have exceptional people skills and organisation skills, and be able to manage and make critical decisions under pressure and time constraints.
The job operates on Monday to Friday working 7.30am until 4pm, although some flexibility is required.
Our client offer a competitive package with a salary of £35,000 to £42,000 per annum dependant on experience, as well 28 days holiday per year.
This is a permanent position.
Exchange People are a family-run Employment Agency, proudly providing people in North-West England and Central Scotland with careers since 1997.
Click to apply now for the Works Manager role or call 01928 566623