|Sector||Engineering Trades - CNC|
Our client based in Glasgow is looking for CNC Operator for temporary work.
Work will last for three months.
£15.41 per hour with shift allowance.
Sets up and operates computer numerically controlled and manual machines to perform machining operations by performing the following duties.
- Read process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
- Locate and down load programs from a DNC storage system
- Interpret work instructions.
- Identify, select and install proper tooling for operations being performed.
- Calculate proper feeds and speeds for a variety of steel grades, copper, brass, aluminum and bronze
- Read, understand, edit or write complete programs.
- Intuitively understand capabilities of tooling and machinery.
- Understand applicable quality systems and perform necessary quality inspections.
- Apply principles of Lean Manufacturing to reduced setup times and improve productivity.
- Visually inspects final components.
- Performs boxing of parts to include cleaning, oiling, wrapping, and boxing final product for shipment.
- Performs cleaning, fitting, filing, tapping, reaming, blending, polishing and aligning to ensure free action of movable parts and operating requirements.
- Uses precision measuring instruments & gauging devices, and performs various quality inspection type procedures to include dimensional verification.
- Properly marks seals during/after assembly.
- Assumes responsibility for quality and functionality.
- Adhere to all Waukesha Bearings policies and procedures.
- Seek out and identify Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Actively participate in daily Continuous Improvement activities
- Employee must be able to set up all necessary measuring equipment and routinely check the calibration of the equipment while measuring.
- Create and maintain a team focused work environment.
- Responsible for general housekeeping and cleanliness of working area.
- Support “Best Practices” to achieve company goals for safety, delivery, cost and quality.
- Ability to work rotating Day/Back/Night shifts.
- Inspires and motivates others around them
- Encourages and facilitates change
- Promotes diversity of ideas
- Able to manage multiple priorities with a bias towards action and speed
- Customer focused
- Constantly displays integrity and respect
- Bases decisions on fact and adopts a disciplined approach
- Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions
- Maintain a positive attitude in order to positively influence the process improvement activities throughout the organization
- The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a lean-manufacturing work environment.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Be time served in a machining discipline
- Have a relevant Health and Safety awareness
- Previous experience in similar industry is preferable (Oil and Gas)
- Experience working with Fanuc CNC programming
- Must be self-motivated and possess facilitation skills to be used in a team setting.
- Prior experience with precision inspection equipment including, but not limited to, micrometers, calipers, height gauges and bore gauges.
- Proven ability to hold tight machining tolerances of less than .0025mm
- HNC Engineering preferred.
Rotating shifts – one week of Day shift and one week of Back shift.
Exchange People are a family-run Employment Business, proudly providing people in North-West England and Central Scotland with careers since 1997.
Click to apply now for the CNC Operator role, or call 0141 222 2550 for more details!